The demand for energy efficiency has increased rapidly and with this, so as the need to have commercial energy advisors with whom you can be able to trust and work with. If you are thinking of undergoing training so that you can become a commercial energy advisor, then you should carry out a proper research so that you can be able to find the best school in which you can be able to join. However, it is advisable that you choose a school that is well known and one that has a good reputation especially when it comes to mentoring highly skilled and professional community energy consultants .
The prerequisites of training to become a commercial energy advisor
For you to be able to become an energy advisor and also be able to join the 4-day course for energy advisors, then it is essential for you to have knowledge on the following:
* You should be able to know and make use of appliances that are energy efficient.
* You should be able to do blueprint reading
* You should be aware of all the necessary building materials and construction practices that are in the energy market today.
* You should at least have basic knowledge of geometry and arithmetic.
* You should understand the building sciences
* You should have excellent communication and client relation skills.
* You should be able to make use of modems, computers, email and the internet.
In the case that you do not have insufficient knowledge on all the above, then it is highly advisable that you take the time to attend the Foundation level exam course for preparation which only takes two days. If you have excellent skills and extensive knowledge on the above, then feel free to move forward to the next step. However, you should keep in mind that in the case whereby you fail the exam, then you are given 30 days in which you can be able to re-sit the exam for the second time.
Before choosing the institution you want to do your exam in, it is advisable that you look at a number of things like:
* The amount of fees you may have to pay
* The number of classes you need to attend
* The number of exams that they offer
* Their cancellation policy in case you are not able to avail yourself
* Their joining requirements.
Understanding the above is going to go a long way in ensuring that you do not end up wasting your time and money. What is known is that you will be required to pass all the exams and tests that are usually given before you can become a certified commercial energy advisor.